Job Title: General Manager
Reports to: Area Operations Manager
Salary: Depending On Experience (DOE)
Holidays: 20 days plus Bank Holidays (Must work around trading peaks)
Location: Nationwide (Must have Full UK driving licence)
In a programme of expansion following our recent purchase of Ultimate Leisure we continue to expand rapidly and have five new openings in the next six months. We are looking to bolster our existing senior management team and looking for the most enthusiastic, passionate, organised and hardworking ‘Thinkers’ & ‘Doers’ to help develop their careers in an entrepreneurial environment that offers full opportunity for input across the board.
01. Dynamic, passionate, enthusiastic, resilient, organised,entrepreneurial and hard working.
02. A proven track record of managing a site.
03. Fully conversant with licensing, fire & H&S legislation.
04. A confident and effective communicator with excellent decision making skills.
05. Sound industry knowledge.
06. Financially numerate with an eye on the bottom line.
07. Versatile i.e. able to work off own initiative and as part of a team when necessary.
Please eMail CV and a covering letter to:
- To be personally responsible and accountable for identifying appropriate staffing levels, the recruitment of quality personnel, staff induction and to ensure that the appropriate level of training is delivered to all employees (in accordance with brand values).
- Maintain highly motivated management and staff.
- To develop all personnel, produce trained management and a succession plan.
- Monitor, analyse and be proactive in relation to staff turnover.
- To ensure that all personnel are fairly and equally treated with regards to training / development and promotion opportunities within the company.
- To be responsible for the good conduct and well being of management and staff whilst in the workplace and representing the company.
- Maintain a regular appraisal process for management and staff ensuring that an effective communication process is developed to optimise the performance of all employees.
- Ensure regular communication meetings take place incorporating pre-session & post-session debriefs, entertainment, promotions and management meetings. Maintain communication with all appropriate support departments within the company
- Customer Service
- To exceed customer expectations by developing, implementing and maintaining optimum standards in customer service across all aspects of the operation and to ensure the delivery of exemplary brand standards and values.
- To deliver maximum profit in-line with budget, to forecast and manage costs appropriate to the business.
- Ensure that all management controls are in place enabling maximisation of income and profit.
- Ensure the venue attains the highest possible cash and gross profit margins, whilst maintaining brand standards and values.
- To produce, implement, review and develop business and marketing plans that grow profit, deliver brand standards and values, customer service and quality entertainment.
- To establish a presence in the local community, establish and develop relationships that will support the delivery of a sustainable business.
- Liaise with the senior executive management team to ensure compliance and retail business development needs.
- To analyse opportunities and identify areas for improvement in presentation and content, in order to exceed customer expectations (in accordance with brand values).
- To utilise national and local marketing promotional initiatives (in accordance with brand values).